Raised and educated in Fort Worth, Texas, Attorney Amy Witherite became a notable scholarship athlete for a top 10 women’s swimming program early in her college career. She went on to receive her law degree from Texas Tech School of Law and subsequently began working for one of the oldest and largest law firms in the state of Texas in 1993. Two years later, Amy relocated her practice to an insurance defense law firm, acquiring knowledge of the strategies and procedures used in defense of insurance companies, which she later began to utilize to defend her injured Texas clients.
In 2001, Amy co-founded the law firm of Eberstein Witherite, LLP, along with Brian A. Eberstein, specializing in providing effective legal representation for Texans injured in motor vehicle accidents and supporting those with claims related to other personal injury case types. Certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, she has been named by Texas Super Lawyers as one of the 50 Best Women Lawyers in Texas. Since inception of the annual Texas Super Lawyer award by Texas Monthly Magazine in 2003, Amy has been repeatedly selected by her peers.
Amy is a member of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, and a former Chair of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association Board of Advocates. She is also a fellowship member of and is on the Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Amy’s team of legal experts at Eberstein Witherite, LLP, are available to help injured Texans in Dallas, Houston and surrounding areas with claims related to personal injury practice areas that include:
- Auto Accidents – Sustaining an auto accident injury can be a life altering experience that can leave one in a state of physical, emotional, and financial distress. An experienced auto accident injury lawyer can be a lifeline in helping to alleviate much of the burden by working to ensure that one receives fair compensation for damages they have incurred as a result of their injury in the event that it was caused by the negligence or wrongful actions of someone else. The attorneys of Eberstein Witherite have been instrumental in helping numerous auto accident victims recover maximum compensation for their injuries.
- Truck Wrecks – Truck accidents are often catastrophic in nature, leaving victims with extensive damages or injuries that can be difficult to recover from. Seeking legal support from an experienced truck accident lawyer is often an important step for those injured in these types of accidents who may be seeking the fairest amount of compensation possible for what they have endured as a result of the actions of negligent truck drivers or trucking companies. The law offices of Eberstein Witherite are available to support injured truck accident victims in Dallas, Houston and surrounding areas, who may be seeking legal representation for their claim.
- Drunk Driving Wrecks – Drunk driving wrecks can be devastating for injured victims and their loved ones; particularly in cases where one or more people are killed or left with a long-term injury. Because these types of accidents are always preventable, knowing that one’s suffering could have been prevented can add to their frustrations. The attorneys of Eberstein Witherite have the knowledge, experience, and resources to facilitate a thorough investigation into one’s accident and will work to make sure that a drunk driver whose actions contributed to one’s injuries or damages is held responsible under the law.
- Motorcycle Wrecks – Motorcycle wrecks often lead to serious injury for motorcyclists due to a number of factors including the size of one’s vehicle in comparison to others involved. Those who have been injured in motorcycle accidents caused by the negligence or wrongful actions of others can seek just compensation for any damages they’ve incurred as a result. The motorcycle accident attorneys of Eberstein Witherite are available to assist injured accident victims in Dallas, Houston, and surrounding areas, and can offer a free consultation to discuss the merits of one’s case.
- Bodily Injuries – Bodily injuries are something many who have been involved in car accidents and other motor vehicle accident types are forced to deal with, some permanently or long-term. The Texas personal injury lawyers of the law firm of Eberstein Witherite are available to help injured Texans with getting just legal compensation from those responsible for their injuries.
Texas Tech School of Law – Magna Cum Laude
Super Lawyers – Top 50 Women Lawyers in Texas
Texas Super Lawyers 2003 – 2014
AVVO Superb Rated Attorney 2015
Order of the Barristers – Texas Tech School of Law
National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top One Percent 2015, 2016
Professional Associations and or Memberships
Dallas Trial Lawyers Association – Board of Directors
Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Fellowship Member & Board of Directors
Dallas Democratic Lawyers Association – Board of Directors
American Board of Trial Advocates
Dallas Women Lawyers Association
College of the State Bar of Texas
American Association for Justice
Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
State Bar of Texas